Use of Personal Information
The Ontario Alliance to End Homelessness (OAEH) acknowledges the importance of maintaining the privacy of our stakeholders, and strives to embrace best practices and is committed to ensuring that all personal information is properly collected, stored and utilized. The OAEH does not collect personal information unless it relates directly to and is necessary for an operating program or activity of the OAEH.
The OAEH maintains the confidentiality and privacy of individuals’ personal information while collecting, using and disclosing information in compliance with Alberta’s access and privacy legislation: the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP); and the Health Information Act (HIA). The OAEH supports the right of individuals or their authorized representatives to access, and request corrections to their personal information, subject to any specific restrictions in the legislation.
The OAEH will collect, use, and disclose personal information in a manner that complies with the applicable access and privacy legislation, or the OAEH’s established policies.
The OAEH website may collect personal information when you voluntarily complete any online application, request form, or survey. Information collected will only be used for the stated purposes. Information is collected pursuant to Section 33 of FOIP and Sections 18–24 of HIA, as applicable.
Any information collected such as the visitor’s Internet Protocol address, web browser and pages accessed is used internally by the OAEH in an aggregate form, to help us manage and improve the content and to diagnose technical problems of our website to better serve you.
The Society’s customary practice is to acknowledge and thank our donors publicly. We respect the privacy wishes of our donors and we maintain donor anonymity when requested. Requests can be made to email@example.com.
Mailing List Subscription and Contact Information
The OAEH website provides users the opportunity to subscribe to our mailing list through an online form. We do not share or sell the contact information you provide to third parties. You have the ability to unsubscribe from receiving these communications at any time.
Use of Website Materials
We welcome you to share information you find on this website, subject to the following conditions:
- OAEH website content (“Materials”) should shall not be used for commercial purposes;
- OAEH shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the use of or reliance on any Materials;
- Use of Materials shall be accompanied by an appropriate source acknowledgement;
- Materials shall not be modified or distorted and no action shall be taken with respect to Materials that are prejudicial to the OAEH and/or the author;
- Links to other websites are provided for convenience only. The OAEH does not sponsor, nor necessarily endorse or otherwise approve of any information appearing within those websites; and
- Written permission must be obtained in order to use any OAEH graphics, including OAEH logos and photography found on the OAEH website. Please forward any requests for usage to the OAEH at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the purpose of these Guidelines, “OAEH Twitter Page” refers to the OAEH Twitter Site (twitter.com/OHomelessness); and “Content” includes, but is not limited to, any photo, video, graphics, written or other information that is posted on the OAEH Twitter Page.
- The OAEH reserves the right to:
- Remove any posted Content at any time;
- Where prior consent to post should have reasonably been obtained due to ownership, copyright, confidentiality, or other reasons, and was not obtained; or
- That contravenes privacy, copyright and any other laws; or
- That is inappropriate and/or offensive including, but not limited to, slurs, insults, obscenities, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning language.
All of the above constitute “Prohibited Content.” To report the posting of Prohibited Content or if you are unsure as to whether any material you wish to post qualifies as Prohibited Content, please contact email@example.com.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies and practices, please email our Privacy Officer or designate at firstname.lastname@example.org.